Mirran Watchtower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugestions

+2
mega0live
Jacob, The Cool One
6 posters

Go down

Sugestions Empty Sugestions

Post  Jacob, The Cool One Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:57 pm

If anyone has any suggestions for the game, post them in this thread
Jacob, The Cool One
Jacob, The Cool One

Back to top Go down

Sugestions Empty Re: Sugestions

Post  mega0live Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:24 pm

Finish the bloody pistols. XD
mega0live
mega0live

https://www.youtube.com/user/mega0live?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post  Mithradates Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:53 pm

Make a bloody text about your bloody post-apocalyptic world so I can read about it and get myself a bloody impression of the world so I can begin of thinking of a bloody character for it bounce
Mithradates
Mithradates

Back to top Go down

Post  mega0live Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:02 pm

Mithradates wrote:Make a bloody text about your bloody post-apocalyptic world so I can read about it and get myself a bloody impression of the world so I can begin of thinking of a bloody character for it bounce
So Bloody True. XD
mega0live
mega0live

https://www.youtube.com/user/mega0live?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacob, The Cool One Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:51 am

The backstory has been written, just need to run it by Jon first
Jacob, The Cool One
Jacob, The Cool One

Back to top Go down

Post  dahksinol Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:27 am

Don't wanna sound like a total douche, but yeah, the factions are a bit off (SAS and tomahawks? That doesn't even make sense), the guns are a wee bit too... COD-y and a.. how do I put this... overblown with the incendiary ammo and all that since I think a post-apocalyptic society would have enough of that to fully give it around or anything. It's too overblown all in all.

It's like everyone is completely armed to the teeth that its hardly post-apocalyptic to the point that survival (which is suppose to be the goal of a post-apocalyptic RP or story or whatever) and it's more of "My Gun Fu is better than YOUR Gun Fu." It isn't post-apocalyptic. It's just... a CoD roleplay.

What you CAN do (though this is just a suggestion) is post the story up first, because from my point of view, it looks pretty damn retarded. Because in all honesty, it's just bad for a role-play based after an apocalypse.

So, yeah, Sade and Drago, good thought on the making the role-play but... it doesn't have enough of... what's necessary in a PARP which are mainly survival, scavenging, exploration, avoiding conflict, and economy. Note that, I'm not saying you should follow what's cliched, I'm just saying that there are several things that make something Post-Apocalyptic and not simply dystopic and gruesome. Nor am I saying cliches are bad or boring. They're cliches for a reason because they work, they make sense and it's actually plausible. (Unless you're talking about bottle caps. I found that stupid. WHAT KIND OF ECONOMY RUNS ON BOTTLE CAPS!? retarded.)

If you're still going to continue on this RP, I give you my best of luck in its success (as I always do) and hope you have a good time.

EDIT: I've used Overblown several times. Not because I like the word. But it is because it is the only word that can accurately describe what you guys are doing.

If any of you want to try a good (if not nearly perfect (the arcadey, auto-recovering, spiderman grappling hook turned me and brothers off a bit)) Post apocalyptic Game, try I AM ALIVE. It beautifully shows the effects of a catastrophe on a major city, aswell as mentality of survivors. Another game that might interest you is Metro 2033, which is slightly awkward because they EXPECTED to be bombed and thus most of their infrastructure had survived the apocalypse. There's also a book its based on, which I can honestly say, is really touching and life-changing (it turned me into a pacifist) though slightly less based on combat (I can count how many times the main character shot his gun on two hands) and more on philosophy and the break down of human nature. There's also The Road, which I believe is a both a book and a movie, both of which my brother has recommended, and though I have yet to fully experience them, I trust in his judgement.

EDIT2: I've reread some things, and honestly, I'm too tired right now to even knit pick some quirks that seem to be implausible. One of the things that has to come to your attention however is that you have a bucket load of special forces in one specific area that it's no longer friggin possible for it to even be plausible, that you don't easily make a battery with what you can get from scrap metal, that you can't make 'fuel' that is more efficient, can craft any explosives (some explosives cannot be crafted but have to be manufactured, as with batteries and the like). Oh and you're too damn geared up.
dahksinol
dahksinol

http://deathworlds.freeforums.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacob, The Cool One Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:22 pm

dahksinol wrote:Don't wanna sound like a total douche, but yeah, the factions are a bit off (SAS and tomahawks? That doesn't even make sense), the guns are a wee bit too... COD-y and a.. how do I put this... overblown with the incendiary ammo and all that since I think a post-apocalyptic society would have enough of that to fully give it around or anything. It's too overblown all in all.

It's like everyone is completely armed to the teeth that its hardly post-apocalyptic to the point that survival (which is suppose to be the goal of a post-apocalyptic RP or story or whatever) and it's more of "My Gun Fu is better than YOUR Gun Fu." It isn't post-apocalyptic. It's just... a CoD roleplay.

What you CAN do (though this is just a suggestion) is post the story up first, because from my point of view, it looks pretty damn retarded. Because in all honesty, it's just bad for a role-play based after an apocalypse.

So, yeah, Sade and Drago, good thought on the making the role-play but... it doesn't have enough of... what's necessary in a PARP which are mainly survival, scavenging, exploration, avoiding conflict, and economy. Note that, I'm not saying you should follow what's cliched, I'm just saying that there are several things that make something Post-Apocalyptic and not simply dystopic and gruesome. Nor am I saying cliches are bad or boring. They're cliches for a reason because they work, they make sense and it's actually plausible. (Unless you're talking about bottle caps. I found that stupid. WHAT KIND OF ECONOMY RUNS ON BOTTLE CAPS!? retarded.)

If you're still going to continue on this RP, I give you my best of luck in its success (as I always do) and hope you have a good time.

EDIT: I've used Overblown several times. Not because I like the word. But it is because it is the only word that can accurately describe what you guys are doing.

If any of you want to try a good (if not nearly perfect (the arcadey, auto-recovering, spiderman grappling hook turned me and brothers off a bit)) Post apocalyptic Game, try I AM ALIVE. It beautifully shows the effects of a catastrophe on a major city, aswell as mentality of survivors. Another game that might interest you is Metro 2033, which is slightly awkward because they EXPECTED to be bombed and thus most of their infrastructure had survived the apocalypse. There's also a book its based on, which I can honestly say, is really touching and life-changing (it turned me into a pacifist) though slightly less based on combat (I can count how many times the main character shot his gun on two hands) and more on philosophy and the break down of human nature. There's also The Road, which I believe is a both a book and a movie, both of which my brother has recommended, and though I have yet to fully experience them, I trust in his judgement.

EDIT2: I've reread some things, and honestly, I'm too tired right now to even knit pick some quirks that seem to be implausible. One of the things that has to come to your attention however is that you have a bucket load of special forces in one specific area that it's no longer friggin possible for it to even be plausible, that you don't easily make a battery with what you can get from scrap metal, that you can't make 'fuel' that is more efficient, can craft any explosives (some explosives cannot be crafted but have to be manufactured, as with batteries and the like). Oh and you're too damn geared up.

Ok first of all, the special ammo will be a HUGE pain to get and i am talking you get like 1 or 2 rounds of it at a time. Second of all, the battery thing, its possible if you get akaline etc (sorry for my spelling errors) and explosives when we say that we dont mean "Lets craft some C4, oh goody!" no, we are talking primitive explosives like a metal shell with shrapenel, a fuse, and gunpowder (much like a Canister Shell) and we have scavenging, exploration and survival, we have it, your just gonna have to play to see it. And also you saying some things dont fit...well how about YOU try to find a special item for a friggan SAS
Jacob, The Cool One
Jacob, The Cool One

Back to top Go down

Post  dahksinol Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:41 pm

Ok first of all, the special ammo will be a HUGE pain to get and i am talking you get like 1 or 2 rounds of it at a time.
And so, the point of it? Why even put it up when it'll only be a hassle? what, you're going to save it up or something? What is it, a collector's item?

Second of all, the battery thing, its possible if you get akaline etc (sorry for my spelling errors) and explosives when we say that we dont mean "Lets craft some C4, oh goody!" no, we are talking primitive explosives like a metal shell with shrapenel, a fuse, and gunpowder
And just how exactly are you going to get alkaline? In a post-apocalyptic world? Doesn't make sense. As for explosives, you generaly mentioned 'any explosives' other than nukes. So, wouldn't that mean I can craft a nitrogen bomb if I had the ingredients?

we have scavenging, exploration and survival, we have it, your just gonna have to play to see it.
Then why is everything I see based around combat? It seems as if this whole RP is a war based dystopia more than a post-apocalypse.

And also you saying some things dont fit...well how about YOU try to find a special item for a friggan SAS
Don't need to. Wanna know why? Because in an apocalypse there is nothing that makes you special. NOTHING. There is no way on earth that many people of that diverse nationalities can ever meet up and set up a post-apocalyptic society. What I suggest is you stick with Dick Marchinko's number one rule: KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid)

Like I said, it's too overblown with weapons and the like that its missing certain aspects that makes a post-apocalyptic RP 'feel' post-apocalyptic. It's nothing different from some CoD boy's magical christmas land. It hardly explains the dangers of the wastes, what the environment can do, the effects of radioactivity to the character, the effects of fear and paranoia, the lack of society, cabin fever, and all that's usually needed to 'feel' like your in hell.

dahksinol
dahksinol

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacob, The Cool One Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:50 pm

Ok ok...look, its kind of hard to display hell...WHEN YOU HAVENT GONE INTO IT YET!!! and plus we have starvation, dehydration, sleep depravation (sorry about spelling) we also have a BRUTAL addiction system where you can become addicted to the drug that fixes addiction making it, USELESS! and we havent quite figured out how or why these people met but so far...half of them are from america! So its going to be less difficult than ya think. And also, most of these people have been in military bunkers, making it easy to get military weapons! they are from these orginizations making it easy to get the weapons. And my guys is an Ex-Sniper so he has his stuff from then, he decided to keep them.
Jacob, The Cool One
Jacob, The Cool One

Back to top Go down

Post  dahksinol Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:04 pm

*sigh*

*taking off my kiddie gloves*

Alright, let's get dangerous:

*First of all, your faction system with special IS retarded. It is completely, as I've said time and again that in no way can there be all those SFs in one specific area going to war against each other.
*Second of all, your 'factions' actually cross-train a lot, so there would be no discernable difference between them other than their goddamn nationalities.
*Thirdly, you're telling there are belgian, america, sri lankan, british, irish, russian, french bunkers somewhere in america? which then decided to go to war against each other after the the apocalypse? If you haven't figured out how they met, then why put it there? Justify everything or else it's a handwave and too much of handwaving makes a setting obviously not well thought through.
*Fourthly, your drug system is stupid. So you mean I can inject three stims in my system in one fight then 5 minutes later, I can do it all over again in another, and not get addicted? 'Scuse me while I kiss the sky.
*Fiftly, I DARE YOU to try and fix addiction with a drug and explain to me how that works. WITH the technology of a post-apocalyptic world.
dahksinol
dahksinol

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacob, The Cool One Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:27 pm

Ok then time for ME to take MY kiddie gloves off

One, they factions arent at war with each other, when did i EVER say that all the factions were at war? Hmm? They are all just surviving the Apocalypse

Secondly, the addiction system, i agree, COULD use some fixing, but! the drug that cures it is 1:Extremely Rare
2:Something made BEFORE the apocalypse
3: AND its in the future!
Jacob, The Cool One
Jacob, The Cool One

Back to top Go down

Post  dahksinol Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:59 am

Children...

*deep sigh*

And you've yet to justify how they have military bunkers in america when america itself is known to have thousands of bases over its allied territories, but none of its allies have any bases on america's soil. Much less how they can easily co-exist with each other.

Yes, I've mentioned they cross train, but values and morals dissonance will nevertheless still take effect and therefore IT still will lead to conflict and splinter groups. Therefore, in however way you look at it, it's still stupid.

Also, the whole point of the word FACTION is SIDE.

If they have no 'side' and are all helping each other out, then what the hell's the point of being so diverse? What's the whole point of having bucket loads of groups if they're not warring with each other and simply just people helping each other? Seems as if this role-play's all rainbows and bunnies and gun fu to me.

Now, about your drug. Explain to me how this 'futuristic' drug cures addiction. I want a FULL explanation how it fixes the damage brain cells, how it handles the craving, how it helps the person reestablish control on themselves, how it rehabilitates the physical, psychological and chemical aspects of a person. Every friggin detail.

And, you sneaky sneaky bastard you, you've completely pulled my sights away from the 'more efficient fuel' idea with your future super drug idea! That is also stupid.

Like I said, simply handwaving these issues away is proof this was made half-assed for the excuse of making a Post-Apocalyptic role-play.

Seriously, this Role Play is in need of some serious research, some serious tweaking and some serious reoverhauling to even fit the words 'ROLE' play. You know what Role Play is? It's playing a role in a story. Not a video game. It's a story-game, written by the players. AND like a story- wait, excuse me, like a GOOD story, it still has to have semblance to reality. Wanna know why? Because you based it on the real-world. The world isn't made up with handwaves, but your filling your 'earth' with bucket loads of them.

And you know just what you're doing right now? It's a video game without graphics.

Too damn arcadey, too damn tacti-cool, too damn filled with nonsense that hardly even sounds reasonable.

And Sade, I'm saying this because I've PLAYED AND MADE countless of Post Apocalyptic RPs. I am using experience and knowledge I have learnt through humiliation and hard work to help you out. Let me repeat that: To. Help. You. Out. I have given you a lot of things in my first post, namely references, ideas and concepts, but you threw it away as if I gave you the whip. Proves how much you know, when a seasoned roleplayer- hell, anyone seasoned in anything would know to accept criticism and try and fix their flaws.

So, watch your tongue there boy. I might just rip it off, because your attitude is pissing me off, because right now you sound like a total No-Nothing Know-It-All. Listen to what a person who has infinitely more knowledge about this crap has to say and maybe you'll actually learn something and do it right.

Code:
On a side note: your eloquence and skill with keeping your calm is beautiful, please do keep it up. I find it very, very, very inspirational, with you acting like a child. My respect for you and your tantrums has greatly skyrocketed. Beautiful. *slow clap* [/sarcasm]
dahksinol
dahksinol

Back to top Go down

Post  Mithradates Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:12 pm

Sinol is right, there are quite some things that needs further explanations and extra thought, when I first heard that you were going to have a lot of different military groups I just prayed that you would give me a good reason to why they are present, and because you have got all of these groups the rpg seems to give off a feeling of un-originality, wouldn't it be a lot more fun if none of the current military organisations exist anymore? During the Apocalypse most of them got wiped out but the surviving members created their own organisations with their own agendas, the survivors and the bandits are the only factions I can see who seems likely to belong in a Post-Apocalyptic world. The setting of the game is most important, name one rpg you have played where you didn't like the world but still liked the game!

I haven't had the energy or motivation to check out most of your rules but the addiction rules are really stupid, you should have a system where you roll a dice for determining wether or not you get addicted to the drug you are using, and a drug that would help you get rid of your addiction is a very, very, very distant possibility, a drug that makes your brain think it has gotten the drug therefor ridding you of the craving for a moment would be much more probable.

Sade, try to think outside of the box you are currently sitting in, what Sinol have been saying is totally right you should listen to what he is saying here, do some research, this rpg could become very good but only if you listen to our critisism and realize what might be a bit inappropriate or just stupid, me and a friend are creating two different rpg's and I am sure that if we had accepted everything the other one wished for to be part of our rpg's the result would have been horrific (yes sometimes even I do come up with bad ideas Rolling Eyes ) but thanks to both of us listening to the others criticism our rpg's are turning out great! (although a bit slow, we both are quite lazy (or mostly me I guess Razz ))
Mithradates
Mithradates

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacob, The Cool One Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:42 pm

Ok, there are several ways i could reply to this and i will try the least agressive route, just explanation, no fucking name calling or mud slinging. The drug...i guess is a little unrealistic, maybe even very unrealistic. But guess what, so is every other god damn sci-fi thing out there, i mean really, thats what PA things are, sci-fi, so when you ask for me to simply explain every detail of a drug that doesnt even fucking exist, your not asking a well answered question. Secondly, we have many of those factions, because its to give choices! I mean come on! Look at how many choices you can have in ANY RP, its a ton, and the pain in the ass to get that done is tremendous, so when you sit there and just say with no warrant that this isnt a role playing game, i get extremely insulted by that. And you listen here, you know what, fuck the least aggressive route, look i like you, your a good guy but you cant stand there, call me fucking boy, continue to pretty much say i am a winey brat, AND ONLY BE FUCKING ONE YEAR OLDER THAN ME!!! You cant stand there, and act as if you have been on this earth SOOO much longer and that you have the RIGHT! to even THINK of calling me boy!
Jacob, The Cool One
Jacob, The Cool One

Back to top Go down

Post  DragoVol Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:37 pm

You are all just a bunch of babies, name calling and such, really? Listen very carefully you're all annoying me. You're all annoying period...A little constructive criticizm is fine, but literally just sitting there bashing everything I and messer have been working on. Not to mention the fact that it is JUST A FUCKING GAME. so relax, everyone.

DragoVol

Back to top Go down

Post  dahksinol Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:18 am

At Drago: I was being cool all the way until Sade was trying to act all know-it-all. I even specified in my first post I was trying to help you with the flaws of the system by itself, and said that I was trying to sound as polite whilst frank as possible. If you want, I'll stop and leave you all to your own personal devices, but don't think I'll join any discussion of this role-play system, much less in the chat.

At Mithras:

I haven't had the energy or motivation to check out most of your rules but the addiction rules are really stupid, you should have a system where you roll a dice for determining wether or not you get addicted to the drug you are using, and a drug that would help you get rid of your addiction is a very, very, very distant possibility, a drug that makes your brain think it has gotten the drug therefor ridding you of the craving for a moment would be much more probable.

I actually consulted my brother about this, before you posted and he said a similar thing. The idea of a good drug mechanic is in chance. So, basically, I'll give you my brother's suggestion on a Drug Mechanic, if they want. If they don't, I won't make this post any longer.

Now... at Sade.

The drug...i guess is a little unrealistic, maybe even very unrealistic. But guess what, so is every other god damn sci-fi thing out there, i mean really, thats what PA things are, sci-fi, so when you ask for me to simply explain every detail of a drug that doesnt even fucking exist, your not asking a well answered question
Notice the word SCIENCE in your genre. Science fiction. So long as Science is involved it must still adhere to the basic principles of reality. Everything in science fiction gives at least a description on how it works. Simply saying 'FUTURE TECH' won't do anything. You want a good example of a sci-fi universe that explains how things work? Mass Effect. You don't need to be super sci-fi, space opera to be like it, but it's at least a way of showing how well thought out something is.

Secondly, we have many of those factions, because its to give choices! I mean come on!
It's just that they're not factions. Half of them are american right? So what, the rest are 5%? 2%? Do the math. If you called them confederation of blah blah blah and explained that they were made by former SAS and Seals and all that, I'd understand, but no, what you're doing is making specific factions for specific organizations. And most if not all of your other non-american Special Forces will have little to no bodies in the face of the american ones.

And you listen here, you know what, fuck the least aggressive route, look i like you, your a good guy but you cant stand there, call me fucking boy, continue to pretty much say i am a winey brat, AND ONLY BE FUCKING ONE YEAR OLDER THAN ME!!! You cant stand there, and act as if you have been on this earth SOOO much longer and that you have the RIGHT! to even THINK of calling me boy!
I have the right to call you boy because right now, your a small pathetic butthurt little child. I'll stop calling you that until you start acting mature. Yeah, I'm one year older than you, but do you see me bitching? The very way you post is very childish? CAPS LOCK FOR COOOOOL! SAY FUCK SO MANY TIEMS!!! The only thing missing is you asking for 'HOW TO FISH FOR CASH?!'

Seriously, I know you're a kid, but at the very least, act like your own age and not some 12 year old who just learnt how to curse. I mean, do you see ME post like that? Do see Mithras post like that? Do you see Shatashi post like that? No? Here's a little secret Sade...

Come closer, and let me whisper it into your ear...

CURSING DOES NOT MAKE YOU COOL.

Ka-peesh?

Ah, the King of Currumpaw is tires, and will now return to the watchtower chat room.
dahksinol
dahksinol

Back to top Go down

Sugestions Empty Admin action

Post  Shatashi{Admin} Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:18 pm

This thread has gotten a little too disrespectful and I'm locking it until all parties have been talked to and learn the right way to talk on this forum.
Shatashi{Admin}
Shatashi{Admin}
Admin

https://mirran-watchtower.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum