Mirran Watchtower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Llewlyn's position in the Boros

2 posters

Go down

Llewlyn's position in the Boros Empty Llewlyn's position in the Boros

Post  dahksinol Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:56 am

after the enlightening engagement with the article of the Boros Primer, I wish to rewrite Llewlyn's position.

First off, let me try and set my objectives:
1.) For Llewlyn to not heavily deviate from my original character while staying true to lore.
2.) To create and update the background of my Boros hero.
3.) To look good in front of women, when I show them how cool my character is while not being a total mary sue.

My main concerns:
*Llewlyn's character is seen talking to many-an angel, but apparently, lore suggests that only a Guildmage may do that. I'm looking for a justification on how the character is a Guildmage while retaining his rank as a Skycaptain.

*Llewlyn has often been seen on the scene of a crime, fighting baddies, but his official rank is Skycaptain. I'm thinking of renaming his rank as High Investigator or Lord Investigator or Sky Investigator to fit him being able to act in both Wojek and Boros leagues, but a part of me tells me to keep it to one thing.
*Llewlyn has a 'love' for Aurelia, both romantic, and platonic. Should I turn it into full romantic, full platonic, or keep it as it is?

*Llewlyn doesn't seem to be part of any one Theatre, but rather a mixture of all four. Though the most prominent theatre he is a part of is the theatre of order and the theatre of integrity. Do I make him into a member of one of them, or do I rule him out as an exception?

And most importantly,

*Is Llewlyn a mary sue?

Viewing is Appreciated, Commenting Valued, Criticism Treasured
dahksinol
dahksinol

http://deathworlds.freeforums.org

Back to top Go down

Llewlyn's position in the Boros Empty Re: Llewlyn's position in the Boros

Post  Mithradates Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:23 am

Llewlyn could be of a rank very similar to Guildmage, they do not mention all of the different ranks and Guildmage is one of the ranks that are allowed to speak with angels, Llewlyn could be of Skymage rank or something like that, a rank given to those individuals which are able to have varying missions.

If you think you are able to make the story of Llewlyn more interesting by working with his love for Aurelia then go for it, I myself found the idea interesting, she is an angel and he is a human, forbidden love and we do not even know if Aurelia will have feelings for him.

I think it would be more fitting if he was part of one theatre, but the Skymages could be a rank which isn't part of any theatre (but I doubt it).

He might be a Mary Sue but I haven't really noticed anything like that, he is a very good member of Boros but I haven't regarded him as exceptional.
Mithradates
Mithradates

Back to top Go down

Post  dahksinol Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:32 am

Llewlyn could be of a rank very similar to Guildmage, they do not mention all of the different ranks and Guildmage is one of the ranks that are allowed to speak with angels, Llewlyn could be of Skymage rank or something like that, a rank given to those individuals which are able to have varying missions.

Skymage? Sounds like a quirky title, but so does Skyknight, doesn't it? It'll grow on me in time, no doubt. xD
Though, he IS proficient with many spells in the Boros, so he could be a skymage giving support to the skyknights, while acting as a support commander to any SkyCaptain in the area. I like the idea of that.

If you think you are able to make the story of Llewlyn more interesting by working with his love for Aurelia then go for it, I myself found the idea interesting, she is an angel and he is a human, forbidden love and we do not even know if Aurelia will have feelings for him.

I was actually planning a sub-plot in his stories of him trying to pursue a romantic relationship, with Aurelia only seeing it as a 'side-effect' of the power she holds on the Boros. We'll see, since I'm still internally debating.

I think it would be more fitting if he was part of one theatre, but the Skymages could be a rank which isn't part of any theatre (but I doubt it).

Yeah, I'm having a hard time thinking of this, I'll try to resolve this issue in the nearby future.
dahksinol
dahksinol

http://deathworlds.freeforums.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down