Mirran Watchtower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Man in the Wasteland

2 posters

Go down

A Man in the Wasteland Empty A Man in the Wasteland

Post  Jacob, The Cool One Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:05 pm

A small town. It has a school house, a grocery store, a police station, and other things in a small town. The former residents would be able to tell you that the children would go from the school house to the grocery store to buy a candy or two. Then they would run home to their parents and do their homework. Dinner would come around and then all the little children went to sleep, only to repeat the cycle the next day. Today, the town is a wasteland, with no living things in it, only the silent emptiness of the town of Redwood. And this, is where two lone survivors meet, Sade, and a man only known, as the Lone Wanderer. Both just searching for food and shelter...not knowing what is about to commence.
Jacob, The Cool One
Jacob, The Cool One

Back to top Go down

A Man in the Wasteland Empty Re: A Man in the Wasteland

Post  Jacob, The Cool One Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:12 pm

Sade arrives at the small town of Redwood, sun in his face, almost blinding him, 'Thank god my night vision isn't on' he thinks as he takes a defensive position behind a rock. He takes out his rifle and zooms into the town to see what lies in it, 'Nothing, not even a screech hound' He walks to the town slowly, checking corners. He arrives at a small school house and slings his rifle on his shoulder 'The world was a good place I bet...too bad I never saw it like it was' he walks into the school house 'There should be some books in here, ever since I taught myself to read I haven't wanted to stop' he searched everywhere and to no avail. He didn't find many books, and the ones he did find were tattered and burned. He walked out with nothing from the endeavor. He saw a man walking into town 'Find cover' he thought quickly and saw an empty dumpster 'Here we go' a jumped in quietly and left the lid open just enough to see the man 'Let's see what this guy is up to'
Jacob, The Cool One
Jacob, The Cool One

Back to top Go down

Post  Austinman42 Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:37 pm

The Wanderer low on food and water reserves entered the town through the main road. His HUD computer, which was constantly riddled with adapting viruses, told him that the town and several miles around it were clear of hostiles. Unsure if whether to trust it or not he entered the town on the ready. The faint hum of his government issued energon blade could be heard fuzzily in his suit along with the eerie silent wind rolling by. Softly crunching on the gravel leading to what appeared to be the supermarket he approached. Just then a scramble was heard, quickly he darted around backwards. Nothing was there. "Must have just been rocks." Approaching the door it was opened with a light push, creaking loudly. He set foot inside and at that moment the glint of a scope was seen on a piece of shattered glass. In a flurry of movements the Wanderer sliced the last supporting beam holding the awning in place in mere seconds the awning hit the ground and the Wanderer was gone. The only noise being made and heard by the Wanderer was his slow breathing as he made it through a window of a schoolhouse.
Austinman42
Austinman42

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacob, The Cool One Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:43 pm

'This one knows what he's doing' Sade leaps up and in one quick fluent movement rolls into the school house, his rifle drawn "I'm not going to hurt you, just come out." Sade sees a path of movement to the back 'Well...that way i suppose' he stands and cautiously walks the same path
Jacob, The Cool One
Jacob, The Cool One

Back to top Go down

Post  Austinman42 Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:54 pm

Seeing the man round the corner The Wanderer's blade flashes out in front of the man's neck. Hovering just millimeters away. "The four corners of this building are marked with atomic charges. If you even think about pointing that gun at me and this town is leveled. Who are you? What do you want?"
Austinman42
Austinman42

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacob, The Cool One Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:31 pm

Sade chuckles "Take it easy" he tips the sword away "I'm Sade"
Jacob, The Cool One
Jacob, The Cool One

Back to top Go down

Post  Austinman42 Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:07 pm

The wanderer hesitant to relinquish his blade. "Sade....good. You're not one of them." With a swift motion the blade sputters off and is sheathed. "Have you been following me?"
Austinman42
Austinman42

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacob, The Cool One Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:42 pm

Sade stands "No. I came into this town to find supplies. I heard and saw you walking up so I hid...and then j started following you, but only because you seemed like you could be useful" Sade slings his rifle over his shoulder, "Who are you? What are you doing here?"
Jacob, The Cool One
Jacob, The Cool One

Back to top Go down

Post  Austinman42 Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:34 pm

With a grunt "Hmph, yes...useful. Now you do sounds like them. My name is of no concern. Others though call me the Lone Wanderer. Fitting I guess." With a slight nudge and moving past Sade the Wanderer heads toward the door of the school house. Picking up an atomic charge located beneath a dumpster. "You seem different from most people I have dealt with. Prove yourself trustworthy and you may yet not wake up to a blade to your throat. Now are you coming I am here for the same reason you are. Supplies."
Austinman42
Austinman42

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacob, The Cool One Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:49 pm

Sade stands up, "Supplies yes. This place seems like its empty, last place to check is that big house on the hill" Sade walks to The Lone Wanderer, "You go there and I will cover you from up on that rock," Sade points at a rock across from the school, "Deal?"
Jacob, The Cool One
Jacob, The Cool One

Back to top Go down

Post  Austinman42 Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:36 pm

Chuckling a small bit and cracking a smile "Some things never change" The Wanderer says looking around the empty compound. "I'll take your deal...Sade. But dont expect to find anything if there a bullet in my back."
Austinman42
Austinman42

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacob, The Cool One Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:02 pm

Sade nods, "Understood. Let's go." Sade opens the door leading outside and quietly runs to the rock and sets up a place to watch from there
Jacob, The Cool One
Jacob, The Cool One

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum