Mirran Watchtower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mind and Machine

2 posters

Go down

Mind and Machine Empty Mind and Machine

Post  Jacob, The Cool One Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:26 pm

A man walks down the Tin Streets of Ravnica, a cloak over his head. He walks quickly, clearly late for something, a red light glowing on his chest. Several goblins stop him to try and sell him small trinkets, he simply passes by them, ever silent. He finally arrives at a small empty alley, a small black skinned goblin with a quite bulbous nose comes out of a door in the alley. He coughs black dust and wipes soot from his eyes, revealing that he has a small robotic eye, now glowing bright red, "Was thinking you were going to be late." he says, his voice raspy. The goblin pulls out a small piece of metal, it's shell moving like liquid, "Why do you need this? It's some nasty stuff ya know." the man shows a piece of paper, explaining he does not know and was sent by Niv-Mizzet himself, no questions asked. The goblin clears his throat, "Alright...here ya go" he drops the metal into the mans hand. The man, is none other than Mirzzin McFlammable, Izzet Genius, and his lord Niv-Mizzet isn't the only one looking for this metal piece. He walks off, only to be stopped by two quite large goblins. The goblin with the robotic eye runs and hides. "You ain't leavin wit dat there shiny bit...give it here!" the bigger one says.
Jacob, The Cool One
Jacob, The Cool One

Back to top Go down

Mind and Machine Empty Re: Mind and Machine

Post  Austinman42 Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:45 pm

Now gentlemen I don't want any trouble. "Well you found trouble half-machine." The goblin says in a vile tone. Sighing, Mirrzin cricks his neck. "I didn't want to have to do this." His cowl lowering and his robes billowing around his metal exterior a red and blue glow emanates from each hand. "One last chance. Leave and you live"
Austinman42
Austinman42

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacob, The Cool One Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:47 pm

The bigger one cackles "Your funny, and shiny...give us da other shiny bits" a smaller goblin leaps onto Mirzzin's face, chewing on it. The two bigger ones charge at Mirzzin "For the Gruul!"
Jacob, The Cool One
Jacob, The Cool One

Back to top Go down

Post  Austinman42 Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:01 pm

The goblin almost catching Mirrzin by surprise is thrown off. A gout of flame and lightning is summoned from the skys above singing most of the smaller goblins to a crisp. Amid the confusion blue tendrils of mana extend from Mirrzin's hand breaking their way into the goblins' mind. Approaching who appears to be the leader obviously struggling against the paralyzing effects "Who are you working for?" the Gruul have no interest in transplanar alloys. "Why are you after the pendant?!" The goblin gasping for air.
Austinman42
Austinman42

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacob, The Cool One Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:04 pm

A bright flash happens, blinding all in the alley. Noises of resistance is heard, necks are broken and blood is shed. When Mirzzin can see again, the goblins are gone, only a man in leather armor and a blade is there "Mirzzin McFlammable?"
Jacob, The Cool One
Jacob, The Cool One

Back to top Go down

Post  Austinman42 Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:20 pm

Taking a moment to gain his bearings Hm? wha- the bright red mana dims to a mellow orange and the blue into the color of the night sky. Dousing the flames but keeping his armaments ready Mirrzin straitens himself out. "I should have known the Dimir we're behind this."
Austinman42
Austinman42

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacob, The Cool One Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:32 pm

The man, who is Damon, Head Dimir Assassin, replies, "I wouldn't tell you...now I believe you have something that my leader needs...please hand it over" He out stretches his hand
Jacob, The Cool One
Jacob, The Cool One

Back to top Go down

Post  Austinman42 Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:38 pm

"yeah see we're going to have a small problem with that." Mirrzin takes care to hide the pendant under his robes. "Why is your master after this alloy? What possibly could the Dimir have to do with it?"
Austinman42
Austinman42

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacob, The Cool One Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:12 am

Damon laughs, "Your lord really didn't tell his most trusted what he is getting? I am a Dimir and my master told me! You really must be low on the totem pole." Damon walks closer, "That is the Amulet of The Dragon's Maze...it holds the key to the Dragon's Maze, a much easier way to solve it's mysteries. Now, hand it over, or you will regret it"
Jacob, The Cool One
Jacob, The Cool One

Back to top Go down

Post  Austinman42 Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:47 am

After analyzing the Damon's voice he appears to be telling the truth. Quickly making a magical replica Mirrzin hands the fake to the assassin until he can further determine his motives. "Not everyone is ready to perceive that witch the master does" Mirrzin says begrudgingly. Which gear do you fill in the grand plan? Mirrzin asks. As they both continue down the tin streets. Leaving the ruckus of a Gruul fighting pit in the background each with a hand on their weapon.
Austinman42
Austinman42

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacob, The Cool One Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:17 am

Damon pins Mirzzin to a wall, "Do you think me a fool Izzet? That whole time I was reading you," Damon throws the fake on the floor and smashes it, "Now give me the real, or you will find out how it feels to have a brain of ooze."
Jacob, The Cool One
Jacob, The Cool One

Back to top Go down

Post  Austinman42 Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:25 am

"Would you get off me! you're acting like an animal" Shoving Damon off then standing up dusting his robes. "Sheesh. And I thought the Dimir were supposed to be suave. At least I know you're not under mind control. Or a shifter." Yanking the pendant off and placing it firmly in Damon's hands. "and on the contrary my brain is already an *ooze* as you say." Mirrzin says revealing his face which half of it is replaced by metal and glow of an undetermined color radiates. "ah ah ah you can look but no touch"
Austinman42
Austinman42

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacob, The Cool One Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:41 am

Damon puts the pendant under wraps, "I am not a shifter...well I am a little...I'm an illusion, which gives me some shifting abilities...but enough of that...I must be going" Damon disappears
Jacob, The Cool One
Jacob, The Cool One

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum